Each year, companies tend to externalize more and more services to lower the operating expenses and boost their business’ efficiency. But what you may really need to achieve notable success, are the right SaaS solutions. Especially if you’re a digital marketing agency.
This article will discuss:
- what is SaaS in general terms and how does it work;
- the practical uses of SaaS solutions in the area of marketing;
- the benefits SaaS technologies have for marketing agencies.
For the last couple of years, marketing and the processes that help businesses grow have been changing dynamically due to SaaS technologies – an undianable game-changer in the sector. Offering an extensive range of advantages and benefits such as flexibility, efficiency, and savings, SaaS works in the interest of both B2B and B2C clients.
But first – what does SaaS stand for?
Software as a Service – SaaS in short – is a cloud-based and on-demand service consisting of software or applications that can be accessed from any Internet-connected device with a browser. Putting the emphasis on its accessibility and functionality, SaaS solutions are usually acquired as a subscription – there is neither installing nor software maintenance involved – an undoubtful advantage for entrepreneurs, especially from the financial point of view.
SaaS is convenient, too. As the solutions are run on their provider’s server, it’s them who take full responsibility of the performance of the software, its updates, and cybersecurity. It translates directly into saving both time and money. SaaS’ role is simple – to automate internal business and marketing processes and thus boost productivity and effectiveness of a company.
Among the most common and widely-known SaaS solutions one finds Dropbox, Hubspot, Twilio, Zendesk, Slack, MailChimp, and G Suite.
Practical uses of SaaS for marketing
SaaS within the area of marketing are cutting-edge technologies that not only help to manage social media in a more organized and efficient way, but most of all that helps to target end-customers more precisely.
Via Advertising Platforms, Social Media Marketing Software, and Product Marketing Platforms, SaaS technologies automate and optimize campaigns and ads on social media. They also help in reporting and Social Media management – just to name a few.
There is a wide range of services that can be featured within SaaS solutions for marketing, and those include, among others:
- Google Ads Automation and Reporting,
- Marketing Performance Measurement,
- E-commerce Analytics,
- Campaign Management, and
- Social Media Advertising.
How can SaaS help marketing management?
The list of benefits SaaS solutions bring to a company is long. Nevertheless, let’s focus on the benefits SaaS may offer to marketing agencies helping their B2B clients reach a bigger amount of end-users. What are the principal benefits of SaaS solutions in lead generation for your clients?
- Google Ads or Social Media Advertising Tools help to design perfectly targeted campaigns that will drive traffic to your client’s website and encourage them to subscribe to their newsletter. An excellent example of such a custom-made solution is AdEspresso that helps to create, manage, and analyze advertising campaigns across various channels;
- As a Campaign Management Software, some SaaS technologies include PPC (pay-per-click) Reporting or Google Ads Reporting. Solutions such as AdStage enable creating compelling dashboards with real-time data and easily shareable automated reports;
- Marketing Dashboard Tools, in particular Marketing Intelligence (MI), translates into acquisition of expertise that determines market landscape, opportunities, and penetration strategy. It also gathers information on competitors and analyzes it, helping at the same time to make smart business decisions. Skai is one of the companies that offer Marketing Intelligence SaaS;
- SaaS solutions known as Product Marketing Platform (PMP) integrate product-relevant data from Google Analytics, Google Ads, Social Media Campaigns, and e-commerce platforms in order to optimize new campaigns and target ads in a more precise way. ROI Hunter, one of the PMP solutions available on the market, helps to manage campaigns and get dynamic data-driven ads.
SaaS for marketing within your reach
There is no doubt SaaS solutions will bring each company a number of advantages and benefits, resulting in reaching various levels of success. Any company looking to develop its product in a subscription model is facing or is about to face, an application development challenge. Roadmap, feature requests, backlog. Don't let your business drown in the face of excessive to-do's. Remember that go to market / time to market is of paramount importance not only for development but churn reduction in your organization.
If you need support in developing your SaaS product, let us know - we'll be happy to help.